The Test Centre was founded in 2009, is located in Bellenberg and was one of the first energy-neutral buildings and one of the most modern testing facilities in Europe. Today, 2 areas of 100 square metres enable you to test your windows, doors and façades in accordance with a wide range of test specifications, in one of Europe’s most modern test centres.
Individual tests are required for specialist structures, project solutions and, in general, requirements that differ from the system tests carried out in accordance with the product standards as part of CE labelling. If the façades pass all the tests, they obtain the CE Certificate, which confirms that the façade complies with the European guidelines and can be sold throughout Europe.
The advantages of the WICONA Test Centre
We understand your needs.As a competent partner with extensive experience in testing of system products and project solutions, we are able to support you with this knowledge and expertise.
We provide you with immediate assistance.The WICONA Technology Centre with its workshop is directly adjacent to the Test Centre, meaning that any measures required can be implemented on site immediately.
We are flexible.Our modular test standards are flexible and can be adapted up to maximum sizes of 10 x 10 m.
We deliver quickly and on time.The “inhouse” test rig enables tests to be carried out throughout the year, irrespective of the weather, ensuring that we reliably meet deadlines.
Collaboration with the ift Rosenheim.The test facilities have been coordinated with the ift. On this basis, individual test programs in line with customer specifications are possible, as are tests by the ift as the accredited/notified testing institute.
The WICONA Test Centre test rigs (in accordance with applicable EN standards)
- Curtain wall test rigs up to 10 x 10 m. Tests of air permeability, static and dynamic tightness against driving rain, wind resistance, impact resistance, and bearing capacity in accordance with TRAV
- Window test rig up to 3.6 x 2.9 m. Tests of air permeability, tightness against driving rain, wind resistance, load with soft and solid impactors
- Fitting test rig for windows and doors up to 4.0 m in height, sash width up to 1.55 m, various tests, e.g. to determine durability of different fitting types
- Compression/tension tester for component tests with compression and tension stresses, e.g. for screw withdrawal values and material strengths.
- Hot box to determine heat transfer coefficients, measurement of insulating materials, validation of material properties and computer programs